Business Development & Customer Marketing Executive
The Business Development and Customer Marketing Executive plays a key role across the Customer Success and Marketing team acting as the link between the two departments. This role is business development focused but transitions in between the two so both teams’ efforts are aligned, fluid, integrated and supportive of each other.
The role gives you real responsibility from day one by owning the development and managing of sales leads in the initial stages of the sales cycle and leading the Customer Marketing strategy. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will develop sales opportunities, maintain relationships with prospective customers in the early stages of the sales cycle and work to retain current clients. Your main focus will initially be to generate sales appointments with key contacts within our target markets in the UK. In addition, you will also be responsible for maintaining our contact database and playing a big part in contributing ideas to help the business grow.
You will be an ambitious self-motivated individual who is keen to develop their career in sales and marketing. You will be joining a team of dedicated and supportive professionals and will be expected to have a ‘can-do’ attitude and become self-sufficient as quickly as possible. This is a business to business role in which our clients are some of the leading brand names in their industry. These include companies such as General Mills, Jacobs Douwe Egberts and Nestlé Purina. As such we are looking for a high calibre individual with an excellent phone manner and communication skills, who is tenacious, target focused and has the desire to grow with the significant growth ambitions of the business.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop further within the company on accelerated timings, either progressing within marketing, business development or customer success depending on your strengths and where your passion lies.
- Continue to generate leads through phone/email/Linkedin contact and book sales meetings across other verticals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with decision-makers/influencers to understand and track their business needs.
- Keep contact records up to date and ensure we are tracking the progress of the sales pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development and Marketing on lead generation activities.
- Respond to inbound sales inquiries.
- Periodically maintain the contact database.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our eCommerce Analytics product, and our target verticals (industries).
- Work with Marketing Manager to generate awareness and create leads within Health & Beauty and Consumer Electronics.
- Use the CRM system to support Sales & Marketing activity, adopting a test and learn approach to constantly improve strategies and campaigns.
- Track relevant prospect, client and team feedback to improve execution of comms.
- Create targeted messaging and content with Marketing Manager for segments to support sales pipeline.
- Support client and category sales efforts by researching and developing insights into targets.
- Help execute customer sales and marketing plan to create brand loyalty, retain current clients and attract new ones.
- Work with Marketing Manager to create, maintain and constantly improve customer journeys
- Generate outstanding sales materials.
- Ensure that sales teams effectively communicate key brand and sales messages.
- Ensure that client-facing collateral is world-class, consistent and on-brand.
- Create and maintain highly relevant site-content.
- Ensure that the Customer Marketing strategy is clear and in line with company’s objectives and our audience’s needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Graduate or of Graduate calibre.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working in FMCG in a sales or category role is highly advantageous. However, you are keen to develop your understanding of the consumer goods sector and retail environment in the UK.
- An understanding of or an interest in e-commerce.
- Capable of understanding customer needs to identify high quality sales prospects that will enable long term business development.
- Experience of or interest in CRM systems. E Fundamentals currently uses Hubspot.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Number of quality sales prospects qualified to sales meeting stage with customer needs understood and clear ROI quantified.
Office based in Clerkenwell, London.
How to apply
Send your covering letter and CV using the following link: