The Business Development Executive plays a key role in the Customer Success team. The role gives you real responsibility from day one by owning the development and managing of sales leads in the initial stages of the sales cycle.
Reporting to a Customer Success Manager you will develop sales opportunities and maintain relationships with prospective customers in the early stages of the sales cycle. In this internal sales role your main focus will initially be to generate sales appointments with key contacts within our target markets in the UK. In addition, you will also be responsible for maintaining our contact database as well as working collaboratively with the marketing team and supporting the marketing activities we deliver.
You will be an ambitious self-motivated individual who is keen to develop their career in sales. You will be joining a team of dedicated and supportive professionals and will be expected to have a ‘can do’ attitude and become self-sufficient as quickly as possible. This is a business to business sales role in which our clients are some of the leading brand names in their industry. These include companies such as General Mills, Jacobs Douwe Egberts and Nestlé Purina. As such we are looking for a high calibre individual with an excellent phone manner and communication skills, who is tenacious, target focused and has the desire to grow with the significant growth ambitions of the business.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop further within the customer success team on accelerated timings, either progressing within a sales focused role where you would be responsible for managing high value sales opportunities across a spectrum of blue chip companies or as a customer success manager, managing the relationships with existing clients and helping them to grow faster.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Decision-Makers/influencers to understand and track their business needs
- Generating leads through phone/email contact and booking sales meetings
- Working collaboratively with sales and marketing on lead generation activities
- Proactively using the CRM system which is an integral part of the sales process
- Keeping contact records up to date and ensuring we are tracking the progress of the sales pipeline
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of eCommerce Analytics, and our target verticals
- Provide regular feedback to the Business Development Manager, particularly around opportunity management and further progression
- Responding to inbound sales inquiries
- Periodically maintaining the contact database.
- Supporting the wider team with the weekly product testing schedule and reporting of issues requiring resolution by the Development Operations team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Graduate or of Graduate calibre
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in FMCG in a sales or category role is highly advantageous. However, you are keen to develop your understanding of the consumer goods sector and retail environment in the UK
- Capable of understanding customer needs to identify high quality sales prospects that will enable long term business development
- Experience of or interest in CRM systems. E Fundamentals currently uses Salesforce
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
Number of quality sales prospects qualified to sales meeting stage with customer needs understood and clear ROI quantified.
Office based in Clerkenwell, London.
How to apply
Send your covering letter and CV using the following link: